If you have ever played roulette, you know that it is a game of chance, which uses a betting grid and roulette. The game has been popular ever since it was first offered at a casino, and even today, where we live in a digital world, roulette hasn’t lost its charm. One of the reasons why it is so popular among gambling enthusiasts is the fact that it doesn’t require much effort or study like other casino games like poker.
While many players may argue regarding this, it is the truth as the results are totally based out on your luck factor. This does not mean roulette doesn’t require any rules and regulations to play. What we are trying to say here is that you cannot develop a perfect betting strategy similar to that in poker and blackjack. This is what makes roulette the most favorite as it can be played by anyone who doesn’t know much about gambling.
A ball is thrown into a numbered wheel where it moves in the opposite direction to which the roulette wheel is spinning. The bets are determined by on which number the roulette ball lands when the wheel stops. When it comes to online roulette, everything is the same except for the fact that the roulette ball and wheel are virtual. The gaming experience, as well as the payouts, are real and extraordinary.
We know that you are eager to play your first game of roulette. But before you turn to an online casino, you are advised to gather information about the classic casino game so that you know what you are doing.
With that in mind, we have created this post to help you understand how to play roulette and make the most out of it.
Let’s jump right into it.
The Basic Rules of Roulette
One of the greatest things about roulette is that its rules are easy to understand. To begin with:
- Roulette starts with users making bets
- The dealer, also known as the croupier, throws the roulette ball into the spinning roulette wheel. Although the players have to make bets before the dealer throws the ball into the spinning wheel, they can still make bets when the wheel is spinning
- At the point when the wheel is spinning, and the ball is equally accelerating in the opposite direction of the spinning wheel, the dealer announces “No More Bets.” This means that all the bets are closed, and no new player can enter the game.
- At last, when the wheel stops and the ball lands on a particular number, color, or section of the wheel, the dealer will check those details with the players. And if there are successful players who bet the color, number, or section, they are rewarded as per their betting odds.
See, it is totally a game of luck, and there is no way you can prepare a strategy to land the ball on the number you have bet on.
The Types of Roulette Bets
Now, this is the most interesting part of learning how to play roulette. It is all in the bets. Simply put, the players can buy-in for chips and then put a wager on any proposition or number.
Basically, there are two types of roulette bets – outside bets and inside bets.
- Inside bets are directly placed on one or more numbers or propositions
- Outside bets, on the other hand, are placed on specific propositions like red-black, odd-even, high-low, and first, second, and third dozen, among others
Other combinations of bets are also created within the inside bets and outside bets. We are going to discuss each of the roulette bets in the next section.
Under the inside bets, you will find a combination of different bets that you can place during the game.
- Straight Up Bet: In this type of bet, you bet on the numbers by placing your bet on particular
numbers on the layout.
- Split Bet: In this type of inside bet, you can bet on more than one number by placing your betting
chips on the line between the two numbers.
- The Street Bet: In this type of bet, you bet on three numbers. All you have to do is place your
chips on the outside border of the three numbers you have chosen.
- The Corner Bet: This type of inside bet is also known as the four number bet or the square bet. In
this type of bet, your selected four numbers will win. However, there is a catch. You can only win if the four
numbers you have chosen form a square. The bet is placed intelligently on the intersection where all the chosen four
- The Five Number Bet: You will not find this type of bet anywhere but on the American double-zero
wheels. It includes a total of five numbers – 0, 00, 1, 2, 3.
- The Line Bet: In this type of inside bet, the bet is placed on the outside borders of the six
numbers you wish to bet on.
Under the outside bets, similar to inside bets, you will find a combination of different bets that you can place during
the game. Let’s have a look at them.
- The Column Bet: In this type of bet, you will be betting that on one of the columns of propositions
on the layout, there will be a winning number. This number is placed at the bottom of the column that the player
thinks will win.
- The Dozens Bet: In this type of bet, you will be wagering that one of a dozen numbers of the table
- The Odd or Even Bet: This is the type of bet where you place a bet on an even or odd section of the
layout. In a given layout, there are 18 even numbers and 18 odd numbers. If one of them hits, the preferred number
- High or Low Bet: This is a type of outside bet where the bet is placed on either 19 to 36 or 1-18
section of the layout.
- Black or Red Bet: As the name suggests, in this type of bet, you can choose the color of the number
that will hit.
Now that you have understood the rules and fundamentals of roulette bets let’s jump right into the main section – how to play roulette. As overwhelming as it may sound, it is only a four-step process. The rules are pretty much the same, no matter on what platform you play in.
- Place your bet. Once you are ready to place your bet, see what options are provided to you. You will be required to pick a chip size that you would want to bet with.
- Once you place your bet, the dealer will spin the roulette wheel. In fact, when you are playing virtually, you will have to click the ‘Spin’ button.
- When the wheel stops spinning, it is time to determine the outcome. The ball will settle in a pocket. And if that pocket contains the number bet in, it means you are the winner.
- If you are the winner, the next thing you have to do is collect your winnings. The dealer will issue your payout.
That’s it! This is how you play roulette.
Roulette is an interesting game. While it doesn’t require you to prepare any strategy, the game will surely give you the thrill and fund. If you are lucky, you might win some real cash.
Let’s get down to the FAQ section, where we have discussed some of the common questions regarding roulette.
✅ What are the different types of online roulette games available?
You will be surprised to know that all reputed online casinos in India offer a variety of online roulette games. The rules, however, remain the same. The most popular online roulette games include the American Roulette that uses both single zero 0 and double-zero 00 on the roulette wheel. The French Roulette is also quite popular due to a plethora of features it offers. Unlike American Roulette, French Roulette is played on a single zero 0 roulette wheel. Apart from these two, roulettes like Russian Roulette, Multiplayer Roulette, Multi-Wheel European Roulette, Premier Roulette, Roulette Royale, and European Roulette, are the most popular ones.
✅ What are the advantages of playing online roulette?
Well, there are a few advantages of playing roulette online. For starters, you don't have to travel. It not only saves time and money, but you don't also have to take time off work as well. You can play in your free time. Another benefit of playing roulette online is that you can play whenever you want and from wherever you want. All you need is a laptop or a smartphone with an internet connection. One of the biggest reasons why people love online roulette is that there are smaller stakes. With a smaller bankroll, you can go much further. Last but not least, you can switch the platform in a matter of minutes.
✅ What is 'House Edge' in Roulette?
It is the most crucial part of playing roulette. The majority of the online casino platforms have a predetermined profit for the casino. This profit is known as the house edge. House edge provides a long-term advantage to the casino in a predictable manner. In roulette, usually, the payout is 35/1, which would be fair if there were 36 pockets. But, both double-zero 00 and single zero 0 roulette have additional numbers. This means that the casino has more opportunities to win while the player's payout remains 35/1. This is how the house edge in roulette is determined. In a single zero 0 roulette, there are 37 numbers, whereas, in double-zero 00 roulette, there are 38 numbers.
✅ What are the best and worst bets to make in roulette?
To be honest, it is a game totally based on luck. But considering the stats and game analysis, a player has the highest chances of winning if he/she bets on 1-18/19-36, odd/even, or red/black. However, you need to understand that the house edge will remain the same regardless of anything. So, simply put, it doesn't really matter what you bet on. If it is your lucky day, you will bring home some good cash. When we talk about the worst bets to make, game analysis says that it is always the first five numbers that are the worst.